Thursday 5 May 2016

Anastasiya's take on what is the new black


Hey Bloggers!

I'm Anastasiya, in my second year of university studying a double degree of psychology and law. I know I'm stuck here at Macquarie Uni for quite some time yet, and one thing I know is to not over-complicate an outfit for uni. After all, it is only uni, right? Wrong. The world is your runway, and even though I wouldn't say dress to impress for your 9am tutorial, staying on-trend is always pleasant. Fortunately, there are many ways to have an "on-fleek" outfit, keeping it simple and not wasting any time picking out what to wear. Today, I’ll share one of my simple tips that can never go wrong;


WEAR BLACK. Not only does black go with EVERYTHING, but as most of us uni students would probably know, there is a high probability that the coffee you just bought may just get knocked right out of your hand and all over you by a late student running through the crowd. Wearing black is also a safer option.

Some words of wisdom from me to you:
Fashion is ever-changing and evolving in style. One term seen in the fashion industry a lot is "Blank is the New Black", basically meaning the blank new colour is the hottest trend at the time, whether it be green in spring or orange in autumn, one thing to think about is the origin of the saying and the meaning behind it. Black, has forever stayed "in" trend and is never out of style. Where as the "blank" is only trying to get on par with black. In the history of trend; fads like bright, pale, fluro, colourful and patterns all come and go with season stock, yet black never left and is here to stay forever. So lets face it, there is no new black, black will always be the new black.

Let me simplify all this for you, regardless of what is the new black at the time, always remember nothing can replace the original bold statement colour of black. Wearing black is the authentic option to always staying fresh and in style.






This is personally one of my all time favourite black items out of my shoe closet. Adidas Tubular.
The comfort of the shoe is absolutely remarkable, unique design and all round sensational shoe, best of all the black makes the sneaker look slick and slim and also practical, not only for spills and muddy weather but to mix and match with any outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment