Wednesday 18 May 2016

This one is for the ladies


Hey Bloggers,

Today, I decided to interview my friend Bintu here at Macquarie Uni asking her a few questions on topic of shoes she was wearing today to really get to know our Macquarie student’s opinions and also giving me an idea for today’s blog!


Me: How are you today?
Bintu: Good

Me: What are you studying at Macquarie?
Bintu: B medical science

Me: Do you watch your fitness?
Bintu: Sometimes

Me: How much walking around would you say you do a day?
Bintu: A lot of walking with minimal target steps of 6000

Me: What shoes are you wearing today? 
Bintu: Black Flats

Me: Why/Reasoning?
Bintu:  Comfort and style.

Me: On a scale of 1-10 comfort level of your shoe?
Bintu: 7

Me: What would you say is the most common type of shoe you see around Macquarie?
Bintu: Comfy shoes- mostly runners

Me: Would you be interested in reading our blog – Shoes of MQ?
 
Bintu: Yes send me the link

Me: And lastly, on the battle of Nike and Adidas, what side would you take?
Bintu: Nike

Apart from all of the sneakers we see on every second person walking around MQ, I thought I’d write about my girls's very common shoe seen around campus and the shoe every girl has at least one pair of in her shoe closet. The flats. Whether it be ballet, slipper, moccasin, loafer oxford or pointy-toe flats. We all need a good pair of flats in our closet! 

The beauty with flats is the comfort isn’t compromised with style. Flats also come in so many ranges of style, design, technology, fabric and the price range.
The range of flats on: http://www.shopstyle.com.au/browse?fts=cushioned+ballet+flats. Limitless style and design with built in comfort! 

Back to my original point, since I feel the need to emphasise the bonus of wearing flats, they are so comfortable! The few girls I see walking around in heels at uni, I think they are insane, and I feel for their feet! I assume the only logical reasoning behind this puzzling phenomenon is they are coming from work because I cannot understand how a person may wear heels walking around uni all day when they can just slip on a pair of flats and still look just as good! In addition to, there are many flats which provide cushioning of the inner sole to suit your step and provide all-day lasting comfort.

For us students, when it comes to shopping, the unfortunate reality is that we have to be price conscientious. Flats really range in price, the high-end up mark to the most glamorous flats may be a little out of our budget, but not to worry! There are some flats you can purchase for as little as $20, and as the favourite word to all of our student ears is “SALE!” – right now at Rubi shoes you can purchase flats for as little as $5 on sale. Yes, shoes for $5!!! Here’s the link http://cottonon.com/AU/shop-by-brand/rubi-shoes/flats/?region=AU – check it out!

There are so many different styles of flats! And flats will make any outfit look more feminine and appealing. Authentically, wearing sneakers with your floral dress isn’t exactly the best combination even though my advice is you do you girl, if you feel it, rock it. I must say, if you’re wearing a skirt or dress, a flat shoe would suit it perfectly! They also can dress up the simple jeans and tee or even leggings and sweater. Just to add another benefit if there wasn't enough, we’ve all been there and have missed our pedicure appointment with chipping toe nail polish on our feet, in those times, the solution is to avoid the sandal and cover those silly toes!

Sticking to my ideal colour of shoe; here is my most used and favourite pair of simple leather flats out of my closet!


Stay fashionable!

-          Anastasiya

No comments:

Post a Comment