Monday 16 May 2016

Wendy 3.0

SPOTTED: NIKE FREE 3.0 FLYKNITS

So, like I mentioned in my last twitter post, I was about to go off on an adventure - my mission was to find the Macq Uni gym... Well, it was a long walk alright. But nonetheless, I did manage to walk away with a bright red and blue gem! So... I was en route to the gym, but... I didn't realise how far it was, and how dark it was getting... Believe it or not, I attempted this mission at night, after all my classes. It was a bit scary, I mean, I am the size of a small bush, so you could imagine my anxious little body roaming around campus at 6pm.

Okay, so I chickened out and went back.

But on my way back to the carpark, I spotted some red and blue Nikes leaving W5C! I CHASED AFTER HIM, my little legs went into turbo mode and I ran after this person... Now that I think back, I probably looked more like a maniac than a devout shoe-lover. I asked, "are those the flyknits 3.0?", and he replied with "...yes", at this point, he probably thought I was out of my mind, but I'm glad I will probably never see him again... So after already embarrassing myself once, I did it for the second time, and I asked him if I could take a photo.



At this point, I didn't even know his name. But obviously I was there for the shoe, and not so much the wearer. I realised this guy had cut his laces off... So I asked him why he did it, and he replied with "yeah, 'cos the laces didn't make a difference, I had to tuck them in every time... So I might as well cut them off." Well... I had never heard of that before, but he did make a valid point, the material on these shoes are so lightweight and snug, the laces really wouldn't have made a difference. What an eyeopener! But kids, please don't go and cut all your laces off because these shoes are a different make compared to your standard runners. For one, they don't have a tongue, which is the flappy bit under your laces, he even said these shoes feel like socks! What he meant was, it wraps around the entire foot in one stretch of material - like a sock.

Overall, I would rate the wearability a strong 10/10, but aesthetics, maybe a 5/10. I do like the red, and I do like the blue, but together? It isn't my cup of tea.

PS. These ones I spotted were 3.0 - the most 'natural ride' available - as Nike has mentioned, there are also 4.0 and 5.0, depending on the level of cushioning you'd like.
PSS. His name was David.


Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment